Credit Card Usage Tips
Tips to Help You Save Money
- Ask questions. Your financial institution
or retailer can help you.
- Read the fine print make sure the entire
package fits your needs.
- Pay your balance in full every month.
- If you must carry a balance on a credit card,
making early payments between statements will
save you interest charges. Remember that interest
is normally charged from the date purchases
are made until they are paid in full.
- Only take Cash advances when absolutely necessary
- for short-term or emergency only because interest
is charged from the day you borrow until the
advance is paid in full and the interest rate
is higher. If you must take a cash advance,
make a payment to your credit issuer as soon
as possible so you won't accumulate daily interest
- Mail early Allow enough time for your payment
to reach your credit card company.
- Set up auto pay or online payments to make
sure payments are received on time
- Check your statement monthly, watching for
errors or changes in rates.